Monday, June 15, 2009

So, how was the trip? YIKES!!!




First I just want to say.... I looked CUTE! Who could resist a Texas Gal dressed in cowgirl boots, long denim skirt, lacy tank-top, pink/brown western shirt all topped with a straw hat???? Oh and don't forget the piggies with pink ribbons! Guess I should have thought twice, three times, or maybe four times about this being my arrive in Bristol outfit. Why? PASSPORT IMMIGRATION OFFICERS! DING DING DING!!! American flying to meet her one true love and sneak her way into the UK! DANGER! We are being invaded by American girls trying to steal our men! DON'T let her in!!! If that doesn't work...SCARE her to death! Ask her lots of questions when she is at her weakest (remember she is on USA time it is 3am over there!), look to see if she has any money, and whatever you do don't forget to tell her she will be BLACKLISTED from ever returning to England if she stays EVEN ONE DAY past her six months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all started so innocent. I got to the airport, just one bag heavy (only a $150 fine, grrrrr but a girl needs her clothes!) and only needed to rearrange a few things to meet the 50 pound weight limit. Shot through security and then typed the distance entry on my blog. Up in the air to Newark and then writing cards, eating lunch, and mailing bills at the Newark Airport. Hmmm... plenty of time left lets get online and chat with a friend. "Last call for boarding to Bristol at gate 75!" HOLLY BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my flight! I am at gate 71 and still on Texas time one hour behind. Three other people also scramble and we make a mad dash to the terminal, jump on the plane, and slam into our seats. WHEW!!! Safe of board I get all excited again and settle in for the zillion hour flight. ARGH!!!!!! If that baby screams one more time.... geez this is so uncomfortable, when I am rich I am flying First Class! hehehehe Wait, what is that..... I can see ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!! As we flew over the countryside ready for our decent I was so happy. Finally the journey was over. All I had to do was clear customs with my forty bottles of hair products and I was in Fruit Loops arms.....NOPE!

As you read earlier I was held hostage at the passport area and grilled to a crisp by a very professional Customs Agent. I have been duly noted and warned that I am only welcome in the UK for 6 months and not a MINUTE longer. Guess Fruit Loop best take care of that situation pretty darn quick then!

(For those of you who are on top of things, sorry this took so long to post. Been so busy and trying to get over jet lag. Geez it is not easy to loose 6 hours. Will write more soon!)

2 comments:

  1. Alisha dear... how are you? Cannot wait to keep up with you over your blog! Scrapbooking nights will never be the same without you! Sorry I couldn't make the last one but had a convention to be at... well good luck with everything... take care and God Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, it is true about this 'saying' ' work hard and then enjoy life'. Being a teacher is a blessing call in life. God will reward you accordingly. Please let me read from you. Thanks.

    Dele
    e-mail: ibcyo2@chater.net

    ReplyDelete