Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It was a hard choice...NOT!



If you know me at all (or even just read my bio) you realize that books are SO important to me. As a teacher one of my favorite things to do is turn reluctant readers into passionate ones. Most days I am reading multiple pieces and I am ALWAYS desperately seeking a sequel! In fact, when I was young and innocent (ok, no wise cracks please!) I used to dream about the man I would marry and he was always a reader. Someone I could talk books with, snuggle up to as we read to each other, and share our love for reading with our children. OK - take all of this into consideration. Which guy should I choose? Door # 1 "Yes, I've read all of Dan Brown's books." or Door #2 "Hmm... the last book I read?"

When it came down to the final decision, love of reading was the last thing I cared about. Instead it was how this man declared his interest in me and his willingness to invite me into his life that stole my heart right away from Reader Boy. Yes, Door #2 was the ultimate winner and by more than a horse's head! As much as I enjoyed talking to Reader Boy, and yes flirting with him, it always seemed like a true "internet" relationship. Stories were shared, long hours were spent exchanging emails, and books were discussed. BUT he never opened his REAL life to me. Heck, I didn't even know what he looked like! The only thing that I actually liked about him was that he could talk books, my normal language. So when my heart had made it's choice I sat down to write Reader Boy a Dear John email and severed the relationship.

With Quiet Boy it was just the opposite. In fact I was afraid he was truly insane and might be a closet stalker!!! Well not really, but I was not used to such honesty, thoughtfulness, and enthusiasm. Presently, as I look back at our first emails and conversations (hey I am a scrapbooker so I save ALL memorabilia for future documentation), I can't believe how quickly he proclaimed his love for me! Seriously, what if I was a total FREAK just pretending to be normal? Hey, what if HE was the FREAK???? hehehehe I was swiftly romanced with lovely words, numerous photographs, and sappy nicknames. No, he was no freak, but he was freak'n crazy for me! How could my little heart resist?

PSST.... See that photo? How could any of the guys resist me???? hehehehehehehehehe (I am doing my wicked laugh now!)

1 comment:

  1. Funny to read now the story from your side
    cant wait to read more
    Einfach ALLES!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete