Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My heart was stolen...

On November 28, 2008 I received a "quick mail" on MFO (the website I was using to meet guys from other countries) that read, 'Nice Pic!' from a man called Bluefish. Being the friendly type I had vowed to reply to everyone that contacted me and check out their profile. Hmmmm... Very attractive, friendly message, likes the outdoors - especially camping, and builds stuff. Now what kind of woman is he looking for..... Lively and outgoing- HEY that is me!, likes children - I'm a teacher!, not to serious - Does that mean silly?, and non-smoker - Alright! So without further thought I wrote back a flirty message in the hopes of adding him to my growing row of sticky notes. Little did I know at the time, but I had just made FIRST CONTACT with my One True Love. (sighing with googly eyes)

Can I tell you a secret? It wasn't love at first type. Don't tell Bluefish though because for him all it took was my smile. Well, that is what he tells me! Really - I am not just bragging. hehehehe No, for me it was slow and steady. The kind of love that creeps up on you when you are least expecting it then OUCH it bit me!!! When I dived into Bluefish's (that sounds funny) profile and read his answers to all the questions they ask, I was impressed. He claimed to be caring, compassionate, deep, generous, patient, sincere, supportive, romantic, passionate, jovial.... should I go on? SERIOUSLY girls, is he just full of himself or what? This cannot be real! If all of this is true, why hasn't he been claimed already and locked in a bedroom somewhere?! Should I give him the benefit of the doubt and find out for myself? Heck, I am just doing this for fun right? So I decided to pursue this relationship and see who Bluefish REALLY was.

We started out just swapping chats on MFO, but quickly we also added emails. Bluefish would send numerous photos with every email and started to share his life with me from the very beginning. Pictures of his home, family, hobbies, and work poured in and I began to see that Bluefish WAS a man that I could see myself with and did live up to his profile. One thing that he shared with me was his love for reenactment of the English Civil War (hey, did you know that they had a civil war too? lol). This was not on his MFO information because he had been advised that it might turn women off. NOT! In fact it SOLD me on him. I love history, drama, and camping. Guess what? Reenactment is a hobby that combines all three. Suddenly Bluefish was starting to stand out from the crowd. Innocent flirting became serious flirting and the quest for getting to know him turned into a crusade.

Days passed and we added Skype ( http://www.skype.com/ is a video conferencing site that lets you be there without leaving!) to our form of electronic communication. Now we kept in touch by MFO, email, texts, and live video feed! What in the world? Isn't the 21st century form of dating insane?! Being able to see each other added a new element to our budding romance. Let me tell you - I was SCARED to death the first time I talked to him on the camera! In fact I kept twisting my rolling chair and didn't look at him in the face! ME, the non-shy girl was SHY!!!! Then, to make matters worse, I couldn't understand over HALF of what he was saying. hehehehehe Yes, I only speak American - not English. BUT wow was that accent SEXY and his eyes, that grin, and his calm manner.... I was soon at ease in front of the camera with Bluefish and completely swept off my feet.

Oh....did I tell you all of this happened in about THREE WEEKS?